Tuesday, October 25, 2005

No second guess from Jerry

Taken from the Startelegram:

So there we were Sunday afternoon, Jerry Jones and myself, having a post-game discussion in the visitors locker room in Seattle.
Actual conversation:
Me: "Big Bill screwed up this game, Jerry. The offensive game plan and/or play-calling was right out of the Quincy Carter
bus-driving-quarterback handbook. Why would Bill do that to Bledsoe? Bledsoe deserves more respect than that.
Jerry: "You're wrong. The game plan for today was the right game plan. I've got no second-guess of Bill or the offensive staff."

Then Jones paused, managed a smile, and added ...
"But it took me a good 20 minutes after the game before I finally decided that, yes, I liked the offensive game plan."
Bet you he didn't. Bet you big, he didn't. But Jerry was smart in not turning it into a stink, although from a selfish media standpoint, I wish he had.