Friday, November 18, 2005

Dallas Cowboy Marco Rivera said he almost became a Detroit Lion

Does Size Matter?
Steve Lansdale - Scout.com
November 18, 2005 at 5:17pm ET

TIDBIT: Ironically, Rivera said he almost became a Lion in the offseason. As a free agent, he considered Dallas and Detroit before signing with the Cowboys.


"I know (Detroit) Coach (Steve) Mariucci, and I respect him a lot," Rivera said. "And I know their G.M., Matt Millen. We're both 'Penn Staters.'

"To me, it came down to a chance to be coached by Bill Parcells. I grew up in New York, with his Giants teams. I got a chance to play for (Penn State) Coach (Joe) Paterno, and he's a great coach. I got to play for (former Green Bay) Coach (Mike) Holmgren, and he's a great coach. Now I have another chance to play for another great coach."