Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Drew Henson on the Ticket with Norm

Originally posted by Cargar from a sports forum:
Here is an outline:

How does it feel to just play? It feels nice, just to step out and compete. I am having a great time.

Do you feel that the rust is getting knocked off? I don't know if rust is the word, but I am getting more comfortable each game

What do you want to improve on most? Red zone efficiency, putting points on the board. This will help me from being a good QB to a really good QB. That is what Parcells wants.

Interceptions--very important to Parcells. Parcells has always harped on this to me. Stay out of bad situations.

Level of competition: Better than college but not as good as NFL. Players have better instincts than college but not quite the athleticism of the NFL.

Cowboys are not in touch with me, they have handed me over. They are talking to the coaches. This may change in the second half of the season as they may want me to work on something specific.

Coaches given instructions by the Cowboys? Yes, some, as the terminology has been the same.
Try to prove to the Cowboys that you belong? Yes, I also wanted to improve as a player. I get to play 10 games, this was the fastest way to improve.

I believe the Cowboys they consider me as the QB of the future. That is the impression they have given me. I want to be an NFL QB.

Had never been to Europe. Having a good time. Dusseldorf a beautiful city. Went to Berlin and went to the wall. Have done a little sightseeing. We stay in a nice hotel. No rental car. A bus pass or taxi. Norm: A bus pass? Drew: Best way to get around. I have never had a bus pass before.

How much time off do you have? The day after the game. Same as the NFL. Going to go to Paris with his mom next week as they get an extra day.

Language much of a problem: No, most speak some English.
Beer Garden? they are everywhere. Had some German food. I don't love it but the brats are good.

Not very much time before training camp after NFLE. I will get a couple of weeks off. Similar to going to Spring camp and then TC.

How close are you to where you thought you would be. Never doubted I could do it, just wanted the chance. I never thought about what others say. Just stay focused on my career and what I need to do to progress.