Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Gary Horton Chat...Cowboys Questions

Steve (Jacksonville, FL): How do you see the ultra-tough NFC East shaking out? It seems like every team addressed it's weakness this offseason.

Gary Horton: Actually, I think the NFC East may be the toughest division in the NFL in 2006. Ironically, I've been watching that division on film and I'm really impressed with the Giants upgrading their defense and Washington bringing in a lot of new players. Dallas has improved their personnel and Philly had a good draft. This is going to be a very physical division where the teams beat up on each other. They'll go into the playoffs battle tested, though they may not have the best of records. I like the Giants to come out on top, but with maybe only a 10-6 record.

John (NYC): What did you think of the Cowboys draft this year?

Gary Horton: I loved the fact that they continue to rebuild a young and improved defense. They keep getting players that add to their 3-4 scheme. I think they're going to be a great pass rush group in 2006. It's the kind of defense that Bill Parcells loves.