Wednesday, June 21, 2006

NFC East" Is Strahan Gay???

HINT JINT HIT 'SACK'
WITH DOC PAL
By MARSHA KRANES and LEELA de KRETSER

June 21, 2006 -- A bitter Jean Strahan yesterday accused her estranged sack-star spouse of playing for the other team.

Outside court, she said that after she and the Giant split in March 2005, he shared an "alternative lifestyle" with "his best buddy," TV doctor Ian Smith.

"Michael moved in with Ian in his one-bedroom apartment for the next year," she said, after the couple's acrimonious divorce proceedings had ended for the day in Essex County Family Court. "You could say an alternative lifestyle sprouted," she added.

Asked to stop beating around the bush, Jean smiled - and was prevented from saying any more by her lawyer.

Strahan's lawyer, Robert Penza, called the remarks "outrageous" and said "this allegation has been raised in the past by Jean. She has been spreading rumors throughout this entire litigation process."

The defensive end couldn't be reached for comment - but Smith had plenty to say.

"This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard," he told The Post.

"Yes, Michael Strahan is one of my best friends, and in a time of need, when he was kicked out of his home and had no place to go, I did what any good friend would do and offered him my couch.

"At the same time, I was planning my wedding to a woman I had been dating for over 14 years, and we are happily married."

Asked to put the allegations to rest, Smith said, "Michael Strahan is very heterosexual, and I am very heterosexual."