Sunday, August 27, 2006

So who leaked the story about TO's fine?

Originally Posted by Kittymama from a sports forum:

Interesting point from Steve Mariucci on "Total Access" tonight. He pointed out that a lot of players get fined, but rarely (if ever) does it get reported to the media. So someone had to have leaked it.

Now the reporter breaking it is JJT. I can't figure out what conspiracy theory I'd buy. I don't think he likes TO, so I doubt he got the story from TO. I also doubt anyone in TO's camp would leak it--doesn't serve any real purpose. It's possible that the Boys organization leaked it as a warning shot across the bow. I just can't see that either--surely they'd know the firestorm it would kick up. (You should have seen John "Tweety Bird" Clayton chirping that this is definitely the beginning of the end!)

Curious.