Wednesday, August 30, 2006

WR Terrell Owens: No Rift According to Jones

Source: RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com

Despite almost constant media speculation since Owens (hamstring) was signed, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones insisted on Monday that there was no issue between the volatile wide receiver and head coach Bill Parcells, or anybody else in the organization, the Dallas Morning News reports. "There is no rift whatsoever," Jones said. For his part, Owens even managed to sound contrite about the team meeting and rehab session he missed on Friday. "Obviously, there are consequences for those actions, and I was fined. I will try to make more of an effort ? a better effort ? to get here on time. It wouldn't be a big issue if I wasn't hurt. ... To my teammates, I apologize. I've got to move on. I can't let this get me down." As much as ESPN might wish otherwise, it seems on the surface as though no Owens-related blowup is on the horizon.