Sunday, September 24, 2006

Last roundup for Cowboy?

from the Boston Globe:

Bill Parcells may be greasing the skids for a departure from Dallas because he's again complaining about his health, which he's done in the past when the end was in sight but the end of his contract was not. Following the Cowboys' 27-10 victory over the Redskins last Sunday, Parcells whispered into the microphone, ``I just want my team to play better. It's hard on me. It really is. I am feeling ill right now, literally. I just want us to play better." Later, the 65-year-old coach said he was suffering from stress, dehydration, and an electrolyte imbalance. Parcells claims his pregame attire and in-game superstitions were part of the problem. He put on a rain jacket before the game to deal with the wet weather but when the weather cleared, he never removed the jacket because the Cowboys were winning, leading to dehydration.