Thursday, October 26, 2006

Jerry speaks... on the QB situation, Romo, and drafting a QB

DMN Blog: Jones speaks

Owner/general manger Jerry Jones spoke to the media for about 25 minutes at the start of practice on Thursday.

Here's some of the highlights: On the QB situation: "There’s no issue as far as I’m concerned relative to is there any debate on my part relative to Tony starting. I knew when we started the season that if we went away from Drew Bledsoe that meant we were facing some challenges that I didn’t want to face during the season."

On disappointment of making the change at QB: "I’m not disappointed that Tony Romo as a young quarterback that we’re playing him. I’m not disappointed. I’m disappointed at the reason we’re having to make this change not that we’re dealing with those reasons."

Posted by Calvin Watkins at 12:41 PM (E-mail this entry) | Comments (0)

Jones on Romo
Here's some more Jerry Jones on Tony Romo's ability to quarterback the Cowboys:

"I think he's a top athlete. I like his approach to competing. He's got a natural leadership quality about him. He does as you all know, he gets that ball out of there...he sees it. When that mind sees it, it's gone. And you can't coach that. He's pocket sensitive. He's got a good feel of where it's coming from, the pressure."




Posted by Calvin Watkins at 12:49 PM (E-mail this entry) | Comments (0)