Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Tony Romo on GAC

Recap by c_rob from a sports forum:

It was a big win and we needed it. It was a positive but we have two more road games.

The spotlight that was on you--can this kid come in and save the Cowboys,-you do seem to like the spotlight. I think there is a fine line, if you are going to play QB then you have to want the ball. For me personally it is satisfying to go out and win.

Your girlfriend? Did she call you back? Yes she did (Galloway-I knew she would as soon as you went big time) Tony-we are in a long distance deal, she is in med school. She just complimented me.

What were your thoughts coming out of the Giants game? The thing I learned about myself is that it's tough to have a performance like that and dwell on it for a long time. I knew a long time ago I wouldn't want to do anything in sports if I couldn't be successful at it. I have tried to put myself in position to succeed. It was very hard to swallow last week, but I was very anxious to get back out there and prove that I could.

Your attitude, you want to be the best, how did that work out coming out of high school, you get an offer from E. Illinois, then you don't get drafted, how did you keep the attitude that you were going to do it? I thought I had some of the tools, but I didn't start playing until I was older, once I went forward I kept improving, I think I have good instincts.

What did Bledsoe say after the Carolina game if anything? He has been very complimentary. It has to be tough for him. We still have a working relationship.

There is a grassy knoll theory that the entire team suddenly played better for Romo than they had for Bledsoe. Blocking was better, no dropped passes? I don't know, when you don't win you look for things. I think some of the young guys have rallied together. The execution on both sides of the ball was very good last night.

Washington, everyone is now a Tony Romo fan, what are they going to come at you with on Sunday? I just started watching film on them today. They usually bring pressure. Hopefully I won't be surprised by too much. (Randy, wait a minute you've started one game now you know everything?? Tony-Yeah, but I've watched a lot of film and games. Randy-well you can be a sportswriter now.)