Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Cowboys Mailbag: 'Too smart' Romo squashes Simpson rumors

Tom Orsborn
Express-News Staff Writer

One of the Texas' most eligible bachelors seems determined to keep his private life private.

Tony Romo set the record straight about him and Jessica Simpson in an interview with the Dallas Morning News on Monday.

"So I don't have to answer any more questions about this, I'm not dating Jessica Simpson, nor have I gone on a date with her," Romo said. "I appreciate everyone's interest in my social life, but I think I may try to play it close to the vest from here on out."

Even though Romo dined with Simpson's father in Los Angeles recently, I had my doubts about a Tony-Jessica romance.

Romo seems way too smart for her.

"He's almost too smart," Bill Parcells said. "He knows where the conversation is going before you get there, and sometimes people like that are not good listeners. That's a discipline you have to acquire. I know a lot of people like that. They kind of know where you're going and so they kind of want to get there before it's time and they miss things.

"You have to watch that a little bit (with Romo)."