Sunday, January 28, 2007

Zimmer couldn't leave Dallas without saying goodbye to Cowboys fans.

Associated Press
National Football League News Wire

DALLAS -- Defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer couldn't leave
Dallas without saying goodbye to Cowboys fans.

Zimmer accepted the same job with the Atlanta Falcons a few
weeks ago, ending a 13-year run with the Cowboys. He was one of the
last links to the team's most recent Super Bowl championship club.

So, on Sunday, the following letter appeared in The Dallas
Morning News sports section under the headline, "It's hard to say
goodbye."

"I would like to personally thank all the loyal fans of the
Cowboys for making my 13 years here the best of my life," he
wrote. "Your support and passion for Cowboys football made me more
determined every single day I was a part of your team, and I will
miss the friendships that I formed here in North Texas.

"It is hard to say goodbye because I was blessed to be able to
stay in one city for this long, something that is rare in the
coaching life. I also want to thank all of the players who
withstood my constant pushing to improve along with the Jones
family and everyone inside Valley Ranch and Texas Stadium. You have
all been the best, and I always strived to live up to your
expectations."

It was signed "Mike Zimmer, Atlanta Falcons."