Saturday, February 24, 2007

FWST Blog: Jason Garrett likes QB coach

Cowboys offensive coordinator Jason Garrett is excited about the decision to bring aboard Wade Wilson as quarterbacks coach.

Garrett is familiar with Wilson from their days together with the Cowboys as backup quarterbacks for Troy Aikman. He said he long admired and respected Wilson as a player, coach and person.

“Its going to work out great,” Garrett said. “I have a tremendous amount of respect for him. He was always someone who was a great resource for me when I was playing. He is such an experienced guy. He knew so much about football and the quarterback position.

"He was somebody I relied on a lot when I was here as a player. That has continued through the years. I think it’s a great fit for us philosophically. We are similar how we think about the quarterback positon and how we think about offensive football.”

-Clarence E. Hill Jr.