Sunday, May 13, 2007

Tidbit from DR Z: On the Boys

Not on my watch
Forget HOF cakewalk for Moss; 'Boys, Vick and more
Posted: Friday May 11, 2007 11:22AM; Updated: Friday May 11, 2007 5:55PM


David of Camberley, England, is worried about the Cowboys' draft, as are many people in Camberley. He feels there was a crying need for a young receiver to back up Glenn and Owens. Also a safety. Also a DT. Let's take the offseason as a whole. I think the key is if the Cowboys can get some quality play out of Davis and Marten, their two new tackles. I wasn't a Leonard Davis fan when he was in Arizona, but I just have a sneaking suspicion that he'll play well in Dallas. I wasn't nuts about the Cowboys' draft, either. What did I give it, a C? That's about right. But I kind of feel they can get by with their WR trio of Owens, Glenn and Crayton for another year. Then it's time to look.

If I were you I'd be more concerned about the organization in general. They're on their fifth coach since Jimmy Johnson, and it seems that Jerry Jones has gone back to another yes man, after his Parcells sojourn. The QB pick in the draft didn't make much sense to me, either, unless the guy's a real sleeper. Don't forget, they got hot with Romo. Let me ask you this. Do you know if Romo happens to be related to Leon "Red" Romo, the trainer at Columbia when I was there, who once said to me, "How the hell could you let yourself get so fat?"