Sunday, November 25, 2007

DMN Blog: Romo Reminds Favre of Favre

Brett Favre made it clear that Tony Romo is his own player, but Romo sure does remind Favre of a certain No. 4.

"I think in a nutshell his creativity with his legs is what, when I see him play, reminds me of myself," Favre said. "It's making something out of nothing. He moves around. He’s not going to rush for 500 yards. I guess he could; he’s much faster than I ever was. Or he seems that way.

"But his creativity to bail himself out is very good. It's probably the same mentality I had. There is never a bad play, which can get you in trouble sometimes. For the most part, it’s worked out for him."

Favre raved about Romo's ridiculous 4-yard scramble after a snap sailed over his head against the Rams. He said that play symbolized Romo's ability to think out of the box while on the run, something Favre has done as well as anybody in NFL history.

But Romo's freelancing style isn't his only similarity to Favre. There's also the gosh-ain't-this-fun swagger.

"He’s always smiling," Favre said. "I think that goes hand in hand with winning and being a leader and saying the right things and doing the right things. All of that he does well on top of playing well on Sundays.

"The guy, barring some injury, could have a great career."

Posted by Tim MacMahon at 4:24 PM (E-mail this entry) Permalink | Comments (0)