Sunday, December 30, 2007

DMN: Blog: Glenn incensed by Landry shot

7:16 PM Sun, Dec 30, 2007 | Permalink
Albert Breer

On a third-and-5 in the second quarter, Terry Glenn proved the health of his knee by taking a shot at the legs from Redskins rookie S LaRon Landry. Glenn had already fought through an illegal chuck from Fred Smoot, and was upended downfield on a go route by Landry, coming screaming off the hash.

And at first, Glenn thought nothing of it. But his teammates didn't feel that way and after the situation was explained to him, Glenn's mind began to change on the matter.

"From what I heard, the guy was really trying to take me out," Glenn said.

"So now I look back on it, yeah, I think it was intentional, because he could’ve stayed back. If I’m running in for the ball like that, why is he coming at my knees?"

QB Tony Romo was as upset as anyone, saying in his postgame presser that it was "disappointing" while characterizing the hit as a cheap shot. Glenn wasn't happy either, but seemed willing to chalk part of it up to youth.

"He’s a young guy," Glenn said. "And hey, I guess he wanted to play a little dirty, I don’t know, I’m not sure."