Thursday, June 26, 2008

DMN Burnett Blog: Sam Hurd is the one to watch

Young Wideouts
12:04 AM Wed, Jun 25, 2008
Kevin Burnett

I see a lot of conversation about this 2nd/ 3rd WR job. Let me add a little light to the conversation.

TG is still a COWBOY needs to be the first thing said. I will say with TG being out right now it is a tight race. It's really too close to call! All of the younger guys have little to no game time experience with very high upside. What I'm going to do is take a vote. If TG is not ready for game one who will be the #3 WR? The guy with the most votes, is who I will talk about in the next blog (Wed. afternoon). The guy with the next highest votes will be discussed tomorrow night. The last guy will be Thursday morning. Get your vote in early so I can get started. If you can listen to ESPN The Ticket around 12:30 - 1pm I will be in studio on air, so it should be interesting.



Comments (71) Leave comment | TrackBack (0) | E-mail entry

Sam I Am
1:52 PM Wed, Jun 25, 2008 | Permalink
Kevin Burnett E-mail News tips

I guess Sam it is guys. In watching Sam play you notice a few things about his game. One of which is his ability to go up and catch the football. Sam is not afraid to lay out, jump over a guy, or come across the middle for the ball. Sam also has the most playing experience of the young guys. Another great trait is the fact that he will get his hands dirty on special teams. He is a pretty good #2 coming off the edge on KO. He makes his presence known when he is in the game be it blocking, tackling, or catching the ball. Hurd seems to know the offense and have a pretty good feel of what to do. When you get the trust of your QB you know your doing something right. Of the young group I would say Sam has the best hands and ball awareness. With his ability to go up and get the football and having played the most Sam may be the front runner for the number 3 job ( if TG does not return).

**Pending TG's return
1. 81
2. 83
3. 84