Friday, January 30, 2009

Roy Williams takes turn at ripping Garrett's offense

Terrell Owens, Tony Romo and now receiver Roy Williams. He has jumped on the Jason Garrett bashing bandwagon. In a radio interview Thursday with a Washington D.C. station (ESPN 980), Williams took offense to Garrett's offense and how he was used.
"I thought with me and T.O. out there, I thought that was just like Fitz (Larry Fitzgerald) and (Anquan) Boldin out there, but I don't think they used us correctly this past season. But hopefully this season with training camp under our belt we can all get on the same page and win some ball games."

Are you OK with Garrett?

"I am cool with Garrett, I just hope that he uses me a little more. I know what I can do in this league. I have a proven track record. I think have some pretty good hands to catch the ball. So I think he can use me a little bit more."

Williams had just 19 catches for 198 yards and one TD this season in 10 games after the trade.

"The ball just never came my way. I was never the featured guy for the ball to come my way," he said.

Williams added that his plantar fasciitis was not that big of a problem for him and he was able to consistently get open. You believe that?

"The foot didn't ever slow me down," Williams said. "I think that was more of an excuse for others to use. But going into this season there won't be any excuses."
Interesting comment here considering Wade Phillips said he was slowed by the injury and it was part of the reason for his low production. Not according to Roy. Sounds like Roy is saying that's an excuse the team was using for his minimal impact.
This year Williams said he is going to voice himself more after staying quiet for the most part when he arrived this season.

- Rick Herrin