Thursday, March 26, 2009

Cowboys like Safety Michael Hamlin

3/24/2009 - Clemson Pro day: Michael Hamlin was not sure how Tuesday's Pro Day at Clemson was going to work after he came up gimpy nine days ago at the Athletes Performance Center in Pensacola, Fla. "After last Sunday, I was not even expecting to work out today," the former Clemson safety said. "I got more done than I expected." But Hamlin, who hurt his hamstring, said he started feeling better early last week and decided he was going to suck it up and make the best of it. It's a good thing he did because it appears he quite possibly helped his status for April's NFL Draft. "Hopefully, I have moved myself up a little bit," he said. He must have done something right because scouts from Houston, Dallas, Miami and Cincinnati all approached him Tuesday and talked to him about how he could fit in their system. He plans to try and meet with each of them again in the coming weeks. Hamlin has already spoken to Seattle, New England, San Diego, Chicago, Pittsburgh and the New York Jets. In all, there were 25 teams in attendance to watch more than 20 former Clemson players workout in hopes of trying to improve their stock in the draft or maybe earn an invitation for a free agent tryout after the draft. Hamlin, who only did position drills, hopes the three-hour session moved him up the draft board. "I got to the point where I just sucked it up and did as much as I could today," he said. - Will Vandervort, CUTigers.com