Thursday, April 30, 2009

FWST: Blog: Ware Supports Ellis

Linebacker DeMarcus Ware did right by his teammate Greg Ellis today. Not that you'd expect anything less from Ware.
Ware was at a photo shoot today for Venom Energy Drink; he's one of the athletes who is endorsing the energy drink.
Ware was asked about Ellis, who once again appears may be one his way out of town with another round of linebackers being drafted.

"When I first came in he was a mentor to me and all the rookies. I’ve learned a lot from Greg," Ware said. "He’s a guy people leaned on. He’s also a guy that shows and leads by example. And then they brought - I’m not going to call any names - they brought a lot of guys in to take his position and you see how hard he works and nobody has been able to beat him out yet. He’s out there working hard and playing hard. I think he fits in our defense. I hope he’s here to stay."

Will such comments matter? Probably not ... but they're nice comments regardless.

- Mac Engel