Tuesday, June 30, 2009

DMN Blog: Mike Jenkins: 'I'm the starter'

By Scott Noll

Tim MacMahon may be on vacation, but that doesn't mean he won't stop delivering Cowboys news to the masses as it happens.

It appears that Mike Jenkins has been given the starting right cornerback position over Orlando Scandrick entering training camp. At least that what Jenkins is saying on his blog.
"Heading into training camp I'm the starter at right cornerback, and my job is to maintain that position. I'm back in Florida training at IMG to get my body right, get my head right, be mentally ready heading into the season. ...

It's my job to lose, but there's a guy behind me with nothing to lose. If he makes a mistake, it's not going to cause him to lose his job. If I make a mistake, the coaches are going to take a long, hard look at me in that position."