Friday, November 11, 2005

Coach Parcells not pleased with Dallas Cowboy practice

Parcells not pleased with team's showing after return to pads
08:31 PM CST on Thursday, November 10, 2005
By JEAN-JACQUES TAYLOR / The Dallas Morning News IRVING –

TIDBIT: The Cowboys practiced in pads Thursday for the first time in more than a week. Coach Bill Parcells didn't like what he saw.

Four days before a Monday Night Football matchup against Philadelphia, which has won five consecutive NFC East titles, Parcells said his team look lethargic.

"We haven't been in pads for 10 days, and we looked like it," Parcells said. "Now I told the players they've given me a dilemma because we didn't look sharp and, oh by the way, we looked tired.

"So I asked them what they wanted me to do tomorrow. Do I want to rest you more and then be duller or do I want to sharpen you up and tire you out more?" The players' response?

"They were like penguins," Parcells said with a grin. "They were just standing there looking." Parcells met with his coaching staff Thursday night to determine the best approach for today's practice.