Monday, November 28, 2005

Patrick Crayton returned to practice and Parcells said he hopes the WR will be ready for the Giants

Rob Phillips - Email
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
November 28, 2005 6:04 PM

TIDBIT: IRVING, Texas - The Cowboys won't release an official injury report until Wednesday, but head coach Bill Parcells said he is hopeful wide receiver Patrick Crayton (ankle), cornerback Anthony Henry (groin), center Al Johnson (knee) and linebacker Scott Shanle (ankle) will be available for Sunday's game against the New York Giants. Crayton returned to practice for one day last week but has missed the past four games after suffering a severe right ankle injury against the Giants on Oct. 16.


"Right now, the ankle is about 90 percent," Crayton said. "I've been running on it, but cutting will be the main test. When I make that first hard cut, that's when I'll know." Parcells said he isn't sure what Crayton's role would be Sunday if he did play. Before the injury, Crayton was the Cowboys' third receiver and punt returner. Peerless Price has handled both duties the past four games. "I practiced (Crayton) some last week and I'm going to try to throw him in there pretty good this week," Parcells said. "My expectations are he'll be doing at least something in this game if he looks OK. If he doesn't look OK, I won't play him."