Thursday, November 17, 2005

RECAP: Chris Mortenson with GaC on ESPN 103-Dallas

Originally posted by trickblue from a sports forum:

Mortensen:
1) I am not counting out the iggles. McMahon was the understated steal of FA.

2) I rate the QB's in the NFC East in the order of (a) Bledsoe, (b) Brunell, (c) Manning and (d) McMahon.
3) In the NFC East (a) Cowboys, (b) Giants and Redskins c) Eagles. They are all very close.
4) Knowing what I do now, I would have taken Matt Jones over Marcus Spears at #20, not that Spears was a bad pick.
5) It is usually a slow transition into the NFL for WR. Jones is already leading the league with the most receptions of a rookie. He supposedly was going to have the hardest transition. He is a difference maker.
6) The NFL wants to give New Orleans salary cap breaks. I don't see the other owners going for that. The Saints situation is unique, but that is not the answer.
If the Cowboys play the Colts in the SB, I make the line at 10.5.