Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Matt's Mail - Can Crayton do more?

Matt's Mail - Can Crayton do more?
6/20: Can Crayton do more?

Q: I read about Patrick Crayton the other day. I sure hope he turns into what we need him to be. Do you see us using him as a trick player? He played some quarterback if I remember correctly. If we are already planning to use Skyler Green as that type of player, why not Crayton? He has phenomenal athleticism and could turn out to be a great player for the Cowboys.

Clinton Williamson, Springfield, MO


Mosley: Clinton, though your fondness for young Patrick is touching, it might be misplaced. Skyler Green is a lot faster than Crayton, and it’s not like Crayton’s completed a lot of passes. In fact, the one pass I recall was pretty awful.

Crayton does have excellent hands, but we’ll have to see how he responds during camp. He’s not that great of a return man, so I would put my money on Green. Not that both of them can’t make the team, but there’s a receiver named Terrance Copper who’s a better all-around special teams player than Crayton. Maybe I could’ve broken that news a bit more gently.