Friday, August 25, 2006

How about them Cowboys?

How about them Cowboys?
Richard Justice

Why don't we switch the topic? Months ago, who told you signing Terrell Owens would lead the Cowboys down a bad road? Yes, that's right. I did. Let me ask you this question, Cowboy fans: how's that TO thing working out?

I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong, and I was wrong about Coach Parcells. I thought he'd do great things. I thought combining his expertise with Jerry's money would be a winning combination. Instead, it has only driven America's Team (hah hah, that's a funny) deeper into the ground. (It's 125 days until the 10th anniversary of their last playoff victory). Get over it, Cowboy fan. It's over. You're the Bengals. The Texans are the future. You're the past.

I'll say this: there are still plenty of people who think this is going to be the year. They're like Texas Tech fans. They never stop dreaming of the impossible. The biggest surprise is how poorly Parcells has drafted. Even with Jerry's money, his draft mistakes are what's going to derail this season.

This is from Chron.com and his blog.