Monday, November 27, 2006

Romo says he's not dating Jessica Simpson

Mosley Blog exclusive: Tony & Jess moving on

Tired of having his dating life analyzed by the likes of Bob Costas and Al Michaels, Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo has an announcement to make.

That he would choose this forum speaks to how intelligent a young man he truly is.

Some of you may have heard the rumors of a budding relationship between Tony and Jessica Simpson, who did her undergraduate work at Richardson Pearce High School.

The story gained momentum when we first revealed that Tony hooked up Jessica's Los Angeles-based father, Joe, with tickets to the Cardinals game.

Romo didn't deny the rumors, in part, because there are far worse things people could say about you.

But now he's decided to set the record straight.

"So I don't have to answer any more questions about this, I'm not dating Jessica Simpson, nor have I gone on a date with her," Romo said while laughing. "I appreciate everyone's interest in my social life, but I think I may try to play it close to the vest from here on out."

Folks, we'll continue to monitor this situation for you. For now, it would appear that John Mayer is safe.

m

Posted by Matt Mosley at 3:40 PM (E-mail this entry) | Comments (4)