Friday, December 01, 2006

Plax issues warning to Cowboys

Plaxico Burress shrugged off warnings from Terrell Owens that he will be a marked man when he faces the Cowboys' secondary on Sunday.
Burress called T.O. a "coward" for avoiding a hit during the Giants' win at Texas Stadium, and Owens responded this week, telling Burress to watch out for the Cowboys' hard-hitting defense.

"I do that every time I step on the football field. I always keep my head on a swivel," Burress said yesterday. "I always try to do the best things to protect myself, but hey, it kind of goes both ways. Those guys have to look out, too."

Burress also said he wasn't going to change what some perceive to be a lackadaisical style that has been a source of contention the last two weeks.

"I don't think I have to change my style," he said. "My high school coach told me one time that I dance the way everybody walks. I walk the way everybody dances. It's kind of one of those things where I don't have to be grunting and doing things like that. If people say I don't play hard, then that's on them"