Sunday, April 22, 2007

Tony Romo with The Hardline on The Ticket...

Recap from Randy932 from a sports forum:

Romo:

We got a lot of stuff going on with the new staff. We're getting after it. It's been fun to see the participation of the entire team and the excitement. We've all been working very hard.

I think Wade is a WYSIWYG kind of guy. He's a straight shooter. If you like his way, fine, if not fine, but he is more intense and demanding than you think.
The voluntary stuff these days has became mandatory. Especially in my position because you need all of the work you can get. I can't afford to miss time with the WR when I have the chance. Two things, what I did learn from Parcells if that he has to motivate me, I'm in trouble. I need to be self-motivated, and I am. Secondly, being QB, I am expected to be a leader. The team needs to see me out there busting my butt and that's what they will see. That's why Tom Brady has gotten where he is. I'm just trying to be as good as I can be. All you can do is work as hard as you can work and at the end of the day be happy with that.

We're going to have a lot more movement with the new defense. We are going to be the initiator. We're gonna get into the gaps and make things happen. I think we have some guys that will work well in that system.

I don't know how Jason is going to call plays yet, but I do know we will play smart football. We will run the ball but we will also look for things downfield and try to open things up at times. Bill wanted to control the clock and win that way. We will be a little more open this year.

I'm over the way it ended last year. I have to be. I'm the one out there that has to throw passes and hand the ball off. I was just upset because I let a lot of people down. If that situation arises next year, I would want to be the guy there. I would like my chances.

The look into my personal life taught me a lot last year. I had no idea how high profile I would be. Parcells taught me just to look past it and ignore it. Come Sunday it isn't going to make me a better or worse player. I just have to work as hard as I can and play with as much confidence as I can; and I will play with a lot of condfidence.

I've always been a guy that likes to read other's thoughts and comments in the media and try to take something from it and improve. The problem is that those guys aren't behind closed doors with us, so they don't know the whole situation. They don't know the particular assignments on plays and what would have made it turn out differently. It's tough being on the outside looking in so you have to take some criticisms with a grain of salt.

Parcells is like a tough dad in a way. You love him but you want to run away and scream sometimes. It feels unfair to take some of the stuff at times, but on the other hand it is what makes you a better player. Most of what I learned him will help me in preparation for the game rather than on the field of play. I was fortunate to learn from him.

Jason is doing a good job. He is very detail oriented and sets very high standards and expects you to reach the level. I think he is a lot like Bill Walsh. His style will make us play alot faster than we have in the past.