Sunday, May 13, 2007

FWST Blog: Cowboys from Sunday

Safety Roy Williams decided not to address the media on Sunday. The same silence from Terrell Owens.
But running back Julius Jones did stop to address the pens, notebooks and mircophones.

"I need to prove I'm the back they want me to be," Jones said about his upcoming season. Expect a big year from Jones, who is coming off his first 1,000-yard rushing season. He is in the final year of his contract.

Guard Marco Rivera didn't stop to talk, but he did have a few - very few words - to say about his status as he walked out of the building.

When told that this and that have been written about him this offseason and his response to any of it, he said, "I'm kinda enjoying all the twists and turns."
Rivera, who is coming off his second back surgery in as many offseasons, has not participated in any drills during this minicamp. It has been speculated that he will retire, or be cut.

Wen asked if he plans to participate in the team's next and final minicamp in June, Rivera said: "We have a minicamp? I thought it was just (Organized Team Activity) ... I don't know. We'll see."

- Mac Engel