Saturday, May 26, 2007

Tuna: Romo 'has a chance'

From the DMN Dallas Cowboys Blog

Bill Parcells kinda, sorta gave Tony Romo a vote of confidence in a Q&A that ran in USA Today. The Romo-related excerpt:

Q. Tony Romo slumped a little at the end of the season. Are you still convinced he's going to be Dallas' long-term quarterback?

A. I think he has a chance to be. But I think there are things he has to do. I told Tony this before I left Dallas. I talked to him three or four times. There are certain things he has to do to improve. He knows what they are, and I won't make them public. I relayed my same sentiments to the quarterbacks coach, Wade Wilson.
I'd be willing to bet that improving ball security and eliminating on-field kissyface with celebrities before games topped Parcells' to-do list for Romo.
Parcells did a pretty good job dodging the one T.O. question. Bringing No. 81 to Dallas is back to being "something we did as an organization."