Monday, October 29, 2007

DMN BloG; Henry thinks he'll play

CB Anthony Henry -- present at practice again today -- thinks he's ready for game action after nearly a month of rehabilitation and work to strength the high ankle sprain he suffered in his right leg on Sept. 30 against St. Louis. He said that the determining factor on whether he plays Sunday in Philadelphia will be the effect his playing will have on the team.

That means if he can add something to the mix, he'll play. If he'll hurt the team by being out there, he won't.

"That's the most important thing, besides just being healthy," Henry said. "I don't want to go out there and give up plays that are going to put us in a bad situation. That's why I look at the team situation first, then myself."

Coach Wade Phillips said "I don't know that (Henry) is there yet." Phillips added that he knows Henry can move fine forward and back, but is unsure that he's regained the lateral movement to play.

Even if he is healthy, chances are Henry will be eased back in a bit by the coaches. One of the big upshots figures to be that if Henry does return this week, it'll allow the Cowboys to move Terence Newman to move down to the slot in the nickel and cover Kevin Curtis.

"I probably won't start, they'll probably put me in there sparingly," said Henry. "I'm probably a little out of game shape right now. But they'll put me in a situation where I'll be effective.

Posted by Albert Breer at 1:55 PM (E-mail this entry) Permalink | Comments (5)