Thursday, April 17, 2008

DMN Blog: Big Ben takes aim

by Albert Breer

Ben Roethlisberger was on the Mike Tirico Show on ESPN Radio this afternoon, and he went on saying that he hadn't seen the Steelers schedule yet. So Tirico and Michele Tafoya took him through it.

Big Ben was respectful. Until, that is, they got down the line to Dec. 7, when the Steelers host the Cowboys.

"I got to play at Dallas, I think it was my rookie year," Roethlisberger said. "I'm glad they're coming up here to play us. I'm thinking about sending an all-expenses paid trip for Tony (Romo) to go to Mexico."

Tafoya shot back, "I thought you were going to bring Jessica to you."

And Roethlisberger played along. "We could do that too," Big Ben said. "I might just fly her in."

I know for a fact that Timmy Tabloid is already all worked about this Week 13 storyline. The sensationalizing potential here is off the charts for the blog captain.