Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Brad Johnson: Is He Capable To Help The Cowboys?

by DaveTroll

Brad Johnson has been a smart and capable quarterback throughout the years. He came into the league and was a backup for so many years in Minnesota. He had his good years in Washington, Tampa Bay, and back to Minnesota.

With the Cowboys being set as Tony Romo being the starter. Is Johnson a capable back up? I have known Brad to be a dink and dunk passer. Does he still have the arm to stretch the field?

I am concerned about him coming in. Will we have to change the way the game is played? He may have the smarts, but can he move the ball down the field? He is going into his 18th year in the league. I don't think he is a capable backup, he should retire and move on.

Who would that leave for us? Second year Richard Bartel. There is improvement, but I don't think that is an option. He has potential, but I think the Cowboys need to go with another younger veteran.

Who's available? Chris Simms is unhappy in Tampa Bay and looking for a trade or release. Culpepper is still out there and Byron Leftwich is too.

I would just prefer someone a little younger.