Sunday, September 14, 2008

Update on Terence Newman

Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley

I talked to a source with the Cowboys Saturday night who told me there was a 75 percent chance cornerback Terence Newman (groin) would play Monday against the Eagles, but that he will not start. That would mean Adam Jones would get the start for the second consecutive week.

In a perfect world, the Cowboys would rest Newman another week and have him at close to full strength against the Packers. But with the Eagles in town, the Cowboys don't have that luxury.

On Friday, I didn't think the Cowboys were leaning toward playing Newman at all, but he apparently changed their thinking. Stay tuned for more information.

In other news, I'll be watching Giants-Rams and Redskins-Saints at the same time tomorrow. Feel free to contact me via the mailbag if you have questions or comments.