Wednesday, October 22, 2008

DMN: BLOG: UT Roy Williams settling in just fine

by Brian Davis

New receiver Roy Williams won't get to play with Tony Romo for a few more weeks, but the Odessa, Texas, native will be ready when No. 9 returns.

Williams signed autographs and raised money for the World Hunger Relief Fund on Tuesday. He also served up some grub at the Pizza Hut near Pizza Hut Park in Frisco. (Excellent work, Yum!). Williams said he's trying to learn the playbook and get ready to help out more on Sundays. He's certainly settling into the neighborhood. Williams was already trying to close on a house.

"I've been sheltered up there in Detroit," Williams said. "I can blossom now in the good city of Dallas.

"I think I can work and complement T.O. on the other side. I'm not worried about balls, I promise you that. I'm worried about W's. That's all I care about. To these fans, they're all upset that we're 4-3. I know the expectations are high for the Dallas Cowboys. But you can very easily be 0-6. How would you feel then?

"We're a winning ballclub that's hit a couple of bumps in the road. But we'll get that smoothed out."