Thursday, October 23, 2008

Nate Newton: Flozell jumping offsides because of hearing problem

Originally Posted by Maikeru-sama from a sports forum:

I just love listening to Nate Newton. He is on Michael Irvin's show talking about how the Offensive Line can play better and what he and his former teammates would do if they were struggling with a very good pass rusher.

He also stated that someone told him that Flozell Adams was jumping offsides because after a play, he would be talking somebody (not sure who, probably random players) and would have a hard time keeping up with the snap count because he is hearing impaired.

I know when we drafted him, they said he was deaf in one ear and he may be a candidate for RT.

Also, just to paraphrase what he said about what he and teammates would do and what these guys won't do (I think these are true stories):

If my Tackle was having trouble with Lawrence Taylor, I would tell him in the huddle to bring him inside and I am gonna to punch him in the gut or crack his ribs. When he did that, that got Lawrence Taylor off of thinking about getting to Troy Aikman and he had to deal with us.