Saturday, March 07, 2009

Here is an Igor quote about not returning to the Chargers...

Quote:

I would love to be back with the Chargers. I love the fans, I love the city, I love the team. But my mind is telling me, probably not. Looking at the history of the Chargers, they usually take care of players early. Not many players go out to free agency and come back to the Chargers. The only person I can remember doing that was Kris Dielman.

And a quote about losing playing time in 2008

Quote:
I had a feeling that I might not be in their plans for the future, and that they’d rather play their other players and only use me when they absolutely had to. Last year I took 65% of the snaps, that’s about 38-40 snaps a game. This year, I’ve taken probably 20-25 snaps a game. In the beginning of the season I played more. But ever since the coaching change, my planning time has been cut in half.