Sunday, June 14, 2009

Ratliff says team chemistry is "a whole new feel - everybody's actually getting along"

Originally Posted by igtmfo from a sports forum:

"The best thing about it, it feels like we have chemistry. It's like a whole new feel. I mean I just sit back and watch it and soak it all up like 'Hm, we're actually getting along and the chemistry's good' and I just think we're on the right track. So I think if we keep that up and take this whole attitude of wanting to win and wanting to do things together into the season I think we're going to be a force to be reckoned with."

- Jay Ratliff (from Ch. 4 / KDFW Dallas sportscast blurb Sat. night)

I was taken aback when I heard the above so I had to transcribe it. His tone was like: he was genuinely surprised and couldn't believe it, team chemistry was actually good for a change (subtext, it was really, really bad before ...)

Makes me think the team was really a mess last year. Was it just Mr. Owens to blame? Sounds like it was a more widespread deal.