Thursday, August 06, 2009

Recent Things! Dallas Cowboys Mayhem

By Rachel Calderon

It’s been about a week since training camp has started and I’m telling you I couldn’t be anymore excited! I’ve read so much about so many players and the things that are happening at camp. After the first 2 days I thought my brain was going to explode from how much Cowboy’s MAYHEM I have been reading! From what I have read I am beyond ready for this season. I’m sure many of you may have already heard some of these, but this is what I have read about a few things:

“After much off-season thought, Dallas has this 2-tight end offense, & just might employ this formation as their base offense this year” “We’re seeing a whole bunch of shifting before the snap too. Looks like Garrett’s going complex this year.” “Mike Jenkins and Orlando Scandrick have been pushing each other and I think it’ll pay off for both of them.” “As for tight ends, this ones easy. Jason Witten and Martellus Bennett have both looked great, as expected.” “Barber can maul people, Felix still looks just as quick and Choice is a combo of both. It looks like all three will have some kind of role.”

All of those are from numerous sources. But it is all good to hear. I like hearing about players giving their all to fight for a certain spot. Like Orlando Scandrick and Mike Jenkins.

Today I also read the same about Miles Austin and Sam Hurd. For me, I have always like Miles Austin better, I love his speed. (Also he is a cutie pie) haha. But we’ll see how it all plays out in preseason, first game in Oakland August 13th and I am ecstatic!

Another thing, I’ve seen Gerald Sensabaugh on Ustream a few times now. He doesn’t have a roommate so he must get bored LOL. But I like the guy from what I know about him. I hear he should be doing big things for us which I wish him the best of luck that he does! Well funny story, I was in his Ustream one night, and saw he was doing trivia questions about himself, so I looked him on a wikipedia and read a few things. The next night I go in his room again, and he is once again doing trivia questions, I wasn’t even in there for 5 minutes! And he says “Alright, this will be an easier one.” And in my head I’m like oh PLEASE ask the one question I know the answer to. Sure enough, he asked it! “Where was I born?” And right away I typed OAKLAND, and was the first person to get it. He was kind of shocked someone knew it right away, made me feel kinda stalkerish almost, but it was pretty funny. Anyways, I won an autographed T-shirt from him! Which once he gets women sizes he’ll be sending it out to me next week. I thought that was pretty dang cool.

So, that’s about all I’ve got for now. Can’t wait for this season, how bout them Cowboys!?