Thursday, October 22, 2009

From Marion Barber: Quad Not A Problem...

Rested and Ready
Written By Marion Barber
October 21, 2009

It's always good to get a win, and it was real important to get one going into our bye. I didn't do much during the time off, mostly laid low and rested up. I'm not banged up or anything, it's just always good to get some rest when you can. I got a few extra massages in and my quad is no longer a problem.

I was able to go do some work for the Barber Foundation a couple weeks ago. Me and my brother Dominique participate in that together. I went out to South Oak Cliff High School and worked with Group Excellence. They work with inner city kids and get them tutoring and I just wanted to help out. I'm hoping that I can visit a different high school every week to help kids out.

The last two years I've held football camps free of charge for inner city kids back in Minnesota. We were at North High School in Minneapolis both years. It's a good way to give back to kids who might not have the opportunities I had. There has been a good turnout at both camps which is great. I'm glad I can help them out and teach them how to act on and off the field.

We have a big game this week against Atlanta and I feel good about our team just like I always do.

Marion Barber is a running back with the Dallas Cowboys. His blog for www.playerpress.com runs at www.marionbarber24.com. Follow him on Twitter at www.twitter.com/24marionbarber.
I'm on Twitter
Written By Marion Barber
October 6, 2009

Follow me on Twitter at WWW.TWITTER.COM/24MARIONBARBER for updates through the season.

Marion.