Thursday, November 17, 2005

ROH-Dallas Cowboy Troy Aikman on the Radio: Week 9 recap

Aikman on the Radio:
from trickblue:


Aikman on Cowboys verse Eagles game: When the Eagles settled for the FG to make it 20-7, I thought that could be a real turning point in the game since every game they (Dallas) play comes down to the end. I didn't think Dallas would score in four play, but they put the pressure back on the Eagles. Mistakes can be made under pressure and McNabb proved that. Philadelphia made the right decision to go for the FG at that point. There is no telling how many TD's Emmitt would have missed if we had as I would have been tempted to check off the called play. (on Dallas sniffing out the shovel pass play late in the Philly game)

Aikman on Redskin verse Buccaneers game: Most coaches did not want the 2 point conversion put back in the game because it was something else they could be scrutinized on. (on the Bucs/skins game)I didn't disagree with what Vermeil did but I did with Gruden because there were 57 seconds left on the clock. I didn't think it wasn't worth the risk, but I applaud him for it.I disagree with any coach going for 2 early in the game. It comes back to bite teams most of the time.53% of teams that win the coin flip in OT win the game, so it is basically 50/50. You have to rely on how your team is playing and not with the risk of losing the coin flip.We had no audible system when I played.

Aikman on T.O. situation: I find it hard to believe that TO would end up in Dallas but I'm sure it has been discussedI talked to Bledsoe (on my radio show) and he was very non-committal about TO in Dallas. It is strange to not have opinion in this matter from the QB. Where there's smoke, there is usually fire.This would be the dumbest move the Cowboys have made since I retired. (laughing)

Aikman on the Dallas RB situation: I applaud Parcells for telling Julius he has to earn his playing time. Very few coaches could get away with that in this league. Barber has earned his playing time and Julius will play when he steps it up.I would have loved to play for Parcells. You produce or you don't play. He will do anything it takes to win.