Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Troy Aikman on Sports Radio, The Ticket.com

Summary composed by TrickBlue from a sports forum:

Aikman:

1) I wasn't surprised at all that TO signed with Dallas. I was a little surprised at the money. Some things that Jerry said last year made me think this would happen.
2) There were times that Jerry did consult me on possible FA being the QB and being a bit more privy to some info. I'm sure Jerry would have come to me about a WR. I'm sure he talked to Bledsoe about it.
3) I really don't know the current locker room chemistry, but I probably would have been against signing TO if I was still there. I don't know whether or not Drew is on board as I have not talked to him.
4) To me chemistry is one of the most important ingredients to winning a championship. From what I have seen, that doesn't seem to be important to TO. I don't think it matters to Jerry either.
5) The Patriots and the Eagles (pre TO) had great chemistry. Dillon was misunderstood much like Haley was for us.
6) It would be hard to say Dallas has a unified locker room given some of the recent player releases.
7) Is TO going to help this team? Yes he is.
8) There will be a time during the year that TO is not happy about the number of balls he is getting. He will be upset, but so was Irvin back in the day. Television now focuses on different things in the game. They will magnify any issues TO has.
9) In the 17 years Jerry has owned the team, they have never developed a number 1 WR. That is why he brings people in.
10) To me the best WR in football is Torry Holt and Marvin Harrison. They don't bring alot of attention to themselves.
11)The fans will enjoy watching TO and seeing his pregame warmups.
If Bill is not the coach, I still think TO would be wearing a Cowboy uniform.
12) I am interested to watch what TO does when he scores his first TD. Parcells doesn't like flashy TD celebrations. I want to see how he reacts. I want to see in TO will curtail that.
13) I don't know if this makes Dallas SB contender. There are a lot of variables that determine that. Talent-wise they have upgraded.
14) If you talked to SF or Philly they would probably look at Dallas and say they are a lesser team now.
15) Dallas has addresssed the OL a bit, how much will losing Sean Payton hurt them.
16) Keys contributions were a little bit minimized while he was here.
17) How will missing guys like Dan Campbell in the locker room affect this team. These are issues with all teams.