Saturday, March 17, 2007

Jerry Jones: Owens Knew His Plays

from dallascowboys.com

And finally, it seems Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is spending a lot of time defending Terrell Owens, reiterating for the umpteenth time he plans to fund the $3 million roster bonus come June 1 to retain his rights. And when asked about participating in the team's off-season workouts, Jones said basically that will depend on where he is "in his recouping" - meaning how far along he is rehabbing. But when that was taken out of context, and it was suggested that he was saying there is a chance Owens wouldn't be around, Jones said succinctly, "No I didn't say that. I didn't say that at all. This is like I read he didn't know his plays. It's crazy. We ought to look at the coaching if he didn't know his plays. That's who I'd blame for that. And I don't blame the coaches. He knew his plays."