Friday, May 04, 2007

RECAP: Tony Romo with Dan Patrick on ESPN Radio...

RECAP by trickblue from a sports forum:

Romo:
The Mavs losing was very dissappointing. I guess if you play enough games you can lose some. I guess I can identify with Dirk taking the blame for this after my botched play in Seattle although basketball is different as you usually rely more on one player in basketball.

I guess you don't achieve greatness in sports unless you aren't great in the postseason. It's like that in golf, you don't win majors, you aren't great. I hope to lead the Cowboys to the next level, a Superbowl, and if I do I will automatically be a great player even if I did nothing differently. It worked well for Payton Manning. It's been like that for A-Rod. He's great in the regular season but struggles in the postseason. It doesn't mean he's not a great player but athletes know this will be the case. All I can do is just continue to work as hard as I can.

I really didn't think Dallas would take Quinn in the draft from knowing some of the coaches here. I am realistic as a professional athlete that if they had, then that is the business. You can't take it personal if a team wants to better themselves. I'm just glad they showed confidence in me and I think we will go further and end up being a great team for several years. We are heading in the right direction.

I think Parcells made my job easier as a QB. As a QB you have to know every player on that field is going all out. If they weren't, Bill would take care of it and I didn't have to worry. Even though he did micromanage a bit, he made players better.

Patrick: Who will miss Bill more. You or TO? Romo: (laughs)I think I will miss Bill more than Terrell does. It will be an adjustment with a new coach, but we will just work hard, learn the system and get better.