Wednesday, September 26, 2007

T.O. wants to retire a Cowboy

Tom Orsborn
MySA.com

Terrell Owens told reporters in Irving today he wants to finish his career with the Cowboys.

He also said he sees himself playing another three or five years.

"I definitely would like to retire here and go into the Hall of Fame as a Cowboy," said Owens, who turns 34 in December. "It's a lot of fun right now. Throughout training camp, we knew we had something special."

Owens suggested he owes his newfound happiness in large part to the addition of Jason Garrett as offensive coordinator.

"They're giving me those opportunities," T.O. said. "That's all I ever wanted last year. I think I mentioned that when I said, 'Why did you bring me here?"

In other news out of Valley Ranch:
• Wade Phillips said Greg Ellis has "an outside shot" at playing in Sunday's game against the St. Louis Rams.

• Bobby Carpenter missed practice with a quad strain.

• Phillips said he thinks it will be "real difficult" for safety Keith Davis to play this week after injuring his right shoulder in Chicago.