Sunday, February 24, 2008

Valainferno's Diary: Flozell Not Returning?

by Valainferno

Blogging The Boys

Forgive me if the title of this may have scared any of you, but I have been wondering about whether the Zach Tomas signing is a tip off that the Cowboys have already decided against re-signing Flozell.

Friday, I read an article by Nick Eatman here.

In it, he talks about how the team really only has enough money to sign Barber, Hamlin, Canty and Adams. The remaining cap space will go to sign the rookies and possibly one or two low cost signings of need.

I don't see Thomas as a need on this team. While he is a great player, his size and his age really make this more of a luxury rather than a need. As has been pointed out by many of you, our needs are CB, WR, RB (in no particular order).

I'm not salary cap expert, so someone please set me strait if I'm wrong, but I'm just wondering if this signing indicates that the Jerry has already made up his mind that Flozell is not coming back. Why else would you sign Thomas to a 2-3 million dollar deal when you have so many other positions of need and so little money left to do it after re-signing our free agents?