Sunday, February 24, 2008

PFW Blog: Stewart sticks out among RBs

Well, I had hoped to send a blog aftrer our annual PFW St. Elmo's bash, but in the back of my mind, I knew that was going to be an ambitious undertaking. More on Elmo's later; the main topic in this post is the RBs that were on display yesterday.

By far the most impressive is Oregon's Jonathan Stewart, who weighed in at 5-10, 235 and has his sights set on cranking out a forty time in the low 4.4s on Sunday. This kid is one impressive physical specimen. You could just see that he's chiseled, but what struck me was his massive hands, which were wrapped around the podium platform.

Stewart has shot past the likes of Darren McFadden and Rashad mendenhall and appears destined to be the top RB selected. He plans on running and lifting on Sunday, and it will be interesting to see how he does. As for Mendenhall, I have to give him credit for doing a good job handling all the questions about his character issues. But his media presence isn't great

Posted by Dan Arkush on February 23, 2008 8:31 AM | Permalink

Quick blog correction
Oops. In my last blog, I said Rashard Mendenhall was queried excessively on character issues, but that was McFadden who is getting the heat. Sorry about that. Elmos's might have had something to do with that brain lock. Like I said in the last post, more on Elmo's later.

Posted by Dan Arkush on February 23, 2008 9:27 AM | Permalink | Comments (0)