Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Jerry Jones talks playcalling, team's chances, GM

By Todd Archer/Reporter

I caught some of Jerry Jones on his weekly appearance on The Fan this morning, and he was not ready to throw away the season after a 2-2 start. No shocker.

Anyway, here's what he said:

"I really like our team. I like the makeup of our team. I like the quarterback a lot. I've been part of a team that lost the first two games and won a Super Bowl. You've got to be a little careful when you've got the length of a season that we've got."

On Jason Garrett's playcalling: "It's so easy to second guess playcalling. I think it goes with the territory. You've got to win consistently to keep it from happening. I do know what we do is well thought out."

On if he would ever hire a coach/general manager type: "No ... I don't have anything I don't manage. I just don't."