Saturday, January 27, 2007

Gary Gibbs interview notes

Gary Gibbs stuff


Gary Gibbs on about his interview on Saturday: “I had a good day today. I felt like we had a good visit. It was very comfortable visiting, having been here for four years. I felt at ease. We covered a lot of topics.”

Gibbs talked to Bill Parcells for and hour and half and with Jason Garrett for 30 minutes. It was good to see Gibbs speak with Parcells because when he was with Dallas a few years ago, it was a messy departure.

One thing that concerned me was Gibbs reaction to becoming a head coach again. He coached Oklahoma after Barry Switzer was forced to leave.

“I’m not obsessed with being a head coach,” Gibbs said. “I like coaching and I’ve enjoyed my time while I was here and I’ve enjoyed my time in New Orleans.”

Funny thing Gibbs said about being a head coach: “What I learned at Oklahoma is you better beat Texas.”

Yeah, ask Mack Brown.

Gary Gibbs on Jason Garrett: “We had a good conversation. He’s a bright young guy that has a lot of passion for the game and has done a good job. He has a lot of experience, even though it might not be a lot of coaching experience, he has a lot of experience as a player. He’s been around a lot of good coaches and you can tell he’s a sharp guy.”

Thing that worried me was that Gibbs said he wasn’t obsessed with being head coach. So why are you even interviewing?

Don’t believe Gibbs gets the job, but it was good for the Cowboys to give him a shot.


Posted by Calvin Watkins at 5:33 PM (E-mail this entry) | Comments (0)